Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today.

A lot has happened over the past year.. And I'm guessing no one really ever comes to this blog cause it's been a while but, you know, if it makes me happy =).

I turned 23 just 10 days ago and I can honestly say I did not see this coming. Just 10 years ago I was still wearing training bra's and the only issue I had was getting my homework done on time and wondering how tall I would be.

(Note to 13-year-old Siti: You didn't grow as tall as you were hoping to be. Sucks to be you.) Heh.

It never dawned on me what it was like to be "grown up" but now that I'm here, typing from my office at 9.39pm, I can't help but wonder, "What would it be like 10 years from now?" and one can only assume because we never really know what the future holds and that in itself is already very daunting.

If I had it my way, I'd like to be content by the time I reach 33 (and add a few more inches to my height) and stop obsessing about how short I am. Seriously. Hahaha. I also hope to still have my sense of humour in tact because I crack myself up sometimes. Hahaha. I did it again!

Ok, ok. I'm no spaz. I just amuse easy. Really. Please.. Stay. Don't go yet! =(

The person who just clicked on the X button is losing out on a lot because I have so much more to share.

.................................

Oh, you're still here?

I must be really tired. I'm having a conversation with myself currently and I don't think that's healthy. I guess it is, to an extent, because it means I know how to keep myself company.. Or it could mean I don't have many friends.

One day, I'd like to look back and say, "You know, you've done so much but you can always do more. You can sleep when you die," and I know that sounds morbid but it's the truth.

Life has so much to offer us and I think that we're wasting so much of what little time we have brooding of the mundane and obsessing about the "would've, could've, should've". Someone once told me that these three words are usually the worse to come by because it makes us realise that we had failed in something that obviously meant a lot to us.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we ought to move past those three and focus on what's in front of us (and continue to pray for height) and just be happy. It's easier said than done and everyone realises this but, as the old saying goes, "It is the darkest before the dawn," or "The rainbow after the storm," et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Live life and start loving it.
No point in fighting against a force that is so much more bigger than us, right?
... And exhale.

Til next time,

Much Love,

Siti.

No comments: