Monday, July 13, 2009

Growing up means having more responsibilities; more challenges; more wins; more losses; more heartaches; more laughter; more rainbows and butterflies; more staying in bed on Sunday mornings because the rain is slowing tapping your rooftop and it's soothing.. You get my gist =).

I will be officially 21 in a few days and I've been kinda caught up in my shoebox of memories and I've noticed that I've been through a lot, as I'm sure you guys have too but of course, our shoe box's are very, very dissimilar perhaps you have more or I have more or we have the same amount but of varied experiences.. heh. the point here is that we grow up differently from other people and sometimes it can be bad and sometimes it can be good.. but most of the time it's balanced..

Turning 21 is a very giant leap for I think most people because it can be considered adulthood despite the fact that "age is a social construct". People see you now as being more mature and that they expect you to be independent and to be out there doing what adults typically do, which is to fend for yourself and think about the future..

Sigh..

Now that I've come to that cross-road, I need to do what adults do and actually look into the future and.. think about what I want to do with myself and everything else that I need to drag along with me..

I think the first thing I should and need to do is to leave my shoebox and start with a new one..

Perhaps it's time to start everything fresh; change my perspectives and be open to all the endless possibilities no matter how hard or painful it can be.

Part of growing up is having to let go of your what's happened to make room for what's going to be..

Sigh..

That'll be hard. Considering..

Siti

No comments: